Enclosing a Porch, Replacement Windows, House Stuff...

We have been contemplating closing off the patio and making it a Sunroom or sorts (actually an office)… We love this house, but really miss having an extra room. It is really strange how this house has more square footage, but because of the layout, we lost some office space. We have more living space but the dedicated space for our computers and my scrapbooking stuff is sorely missed.

That being said, we LOVE this house. It is everything we ever wanted in a house: my dream kitchen, his gorgeous wood flooring, a master bath suite, a great back yard…The backyard has a porch that already has a roof and 3 sides - we've been wondering how much it would cost to enclose it and recapture some extra square footage?

I have been perusing websites and trying to get ideas about how to go about enclosing it and then making the outside covering with insulated vinyl siding vs. brick due to cost.  Vinyl siding sure has come a LONG way - there are some really attractive options out there now.  I saw someone in our neighborhood who had a sunroom installed on their brick house, where the outside wall is white vinyl - it looked really pretty.

There are so many other things I would love to do for this house (especially to make it "greener").  I would love to replace the windows with vinyl replacement windows or some other type of energy efficient replacement windows.  I would love to replace the water heater with a tankless water heater system.  And when I am feeling really industrious, I dream about finishing out the attic...  Dave thinks I am crazy with all the home projects spinning around in my head...  He thinks I watch WAY too much HGTV.  But hey, a girl with a tool belt can dream! 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

MammaDawg.com